Carlos Condit: UFC has not offered me any other fight than GSP
Carlos Condit, the interim welterweight champion, is expected to fight Georges St. Pierre upon his return. But with St. Pierre unsure to be back by November, their expected fight date, Condit was asked who he expects to fight next. Check out the highlights below:
On who UFC wants him to fight next:
“The bottom line is that the UFC has not offered me another fight. I haven’t been contacted, nor has my management been contacted about fighting anybody else other than Georges St-Pierre,” Condit told Bleacher Report in an exclusive interview during last week’s UFC Fan Expo in Las Vegas. “So Georges is the guy I want. And if the UFC wants that fight, I’m content to wait for him to be ready. If it’s in November, of course.”
On what happens if St-Pierre suffers a setback during the rehabilitation of his knee?
“If it’s going to be longer, then I will entertain the idea of taking another fight,” Condit said. “As far as I know, Georges’ recovery is on track, and he’s going to be ready to go November 17.”